GED Preparation Courses
GED Preparation Course through Video Conferencing
- Work through all of the 5 GED Exam areas (Science, Math, Social, Language Arts, Essay Writing) with instruction via videoconferencing and a classroom facilitator for support.
- Textbooks and calculator included.
- GED Exam included at end of the course.
- Free for all students who are eligible.
Online GED Preparation Course with Onsite Weekly Tutor Support
- This flexible option allows students to learn strategies to prepare for writing their GED Exam without having to leave their homes. Students work through modules online at home and have access to an onsite tutor either in our office or over the phone on a weekly basis. The modules focus on developing and improving their writing, reading, science, social studies, and math skills. Students will also complete various GED assessment tests to help them feel more comfortable in a timed testing environment.
- Cost: $212.00 plus textbooks and calculator (some funding support available for eligible students)
Call Ron Baier at 780 672-8754 or email email@example.com to register.
English Language Learning Classes
Beginner English for Work & in the Community
- Fridays 9:00 – 11:00 AM (11 weeks)
- Practice English verb tenses, proper sentence structures, and questions.
- Practice customer service language, responding to complaints, and more.
- Grow in your ability and confidence in speaking and understanding English.
ELL Practical Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking
- Improve your English language skills for work and daily life.
- Small group or one-on-one learning environment.
- Suitable for all levels of English Language Learners.
Business Language class
- Tuesdays 9:00 to 11:00 AM (9 weeks)
- Learn how to use semi-formal and informal language in business emails, reports, and presentations.
- Improve your ability to speak with customers and to take part in meetings and discussions.
- Understand Alberta labour laws.
- Grow in your confidence in speaking English in formal settings.
Call Linda Olson at 780 672-8754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Introduction to Technology – Tech 55+
- Mondays and Wednesday 1:00 to 3:00 PM (4 classes)
- Learn how to use the basic functions on your cell phone, iPad and tablet.
- Build on what you already know and learn what you don’t.
- Thursdays 1:00 to 3:00 PM (4 classes)
- Learn the basics of Excel: navigation, entering data, selecting, editing, moving, copying, sorting, and basic formulas and functions such as sum, subtraction, average, min and max, and visualize your data with charts.
Basic Microsoft Windows & Word 2016
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 1:00 to 3:00 PM (10 classes)
- Become familiar with Microsoft Windows and all the basic things your computer can do.
- Learn how to produce, share, and print text documents using Microsoft Word.
Call Sharon Munkedal at 780 672-8754 or email email@example.com to register.