GED Preparation Courses
- Work through all of the 5 GED Exam areas (Science, Math, Social, Language Arts, Essay Writing) with instruction via videoconferencing and a classroom facilitator for support.
- Textbooks and calculator included.
- GED Exam included at end of the course.
- Free for all students who are eligible.
Online GED Preparation Course with Onsite Weekly Tutor Support
- This flexible option allows students to learn strategies to prepare for writing their GED Exam without having to leave their homes. Students work through modules online at home and have access to an onsite tutor either in our office or over the phone on a weekly basis. The modules focus on developing and improving their writing, reading, science, social studies, and math skills. Students will also complete various GED assessment tests to help them feel more comfortable in a timed testing environment.
- Cost: $212.00 plus textbooks and calculator (some funding support available for eligible students)
call Ron Baier at 780-672-8754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
English Language Learning Classes
Friday Morning Beginner English
- Fridays 9:00 – 11:00 AM (11 weeks)
- $50Students will choose from themes of Banking, Employment, Health & Safety, Canada, Travel, and more.
- Practice English verb tenses, proper sentence structures, and questions.
- Grow in your ability and confidence in speaking and understanding English.
Money Matters for ELL
- Budgeting and Spending Plans
- Banking Basics
- Credit and Borrowing Saving and RESP’s
- Call or email to request a workshop
Citizenship Prep Class
- 10 sessions: Feb 24 – April 28
- Days and times are flexible to students’ needs
- CLB4 or higher in speaking and listening
ELL Practical Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking
- Improve your English language skills for work and daily life.
- Small group or one-on-one learning environment.
- Suitable for all levels of English Language Learners.
Intermediate/Advanced English Boot Camp
- Wednesdays 5:00 to 6:30 PM (10 weeks)
- Cost: $50
- Reach your English goals/Improve your work possibilities/Take hold of your future.
- Online or in-class English instruction with a focus on grammar and speaking practice in class.
- Writing assignments will be done outside of class time and submitted online for feedback.
- Regular listening and reading homework will be completed outside of class.
- Opportunity for questions and feedback on personal English language problems.
Call Linda Olson at 780 672-8754 or email email@example.com to register.
Introduction to Technology – Tech Talk
- 4 classes
- Learn how to use the basic functions on your cell phone, iPad, and tablet.
Build on what you already know and learn what you don’t.
Introduction to Microsoft Windows 10 and File Management
Email, Internet, and Keeping Yourself Safe in a Digital World
Basie Microsoft Word 16 and File Management
Call Sharon Munkedal at 780 672-8754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a Job? (Work Search Basics)
Are you looking for work but not sure where to start? We can help!
Learn where to look for jobs, how to write a great resume and cover letter, and how to have a good interview.
Call Lynette Irvine at 780 672-8754 or email email@example.com to register