Camrose and Area Adult Learning Council meets the learning and employable needs of adults in a welcoming and non-judgmental environment.
By providing individual or small group learning opportunities for adults and families within Camrose and Camrose County,
Camrose and Area Adult Learning Council:
Assists adult learners to define their learning goals and provides direction for continued learning
Supports newcomers in learning the English language and preparing to become contributing citizens
Teachs literacy and foundation learning skills such as; reading, writing, document use, numeracy/math, digital skills; foundational life skills.
Builds capacity of families through meeting the literacy needs of parents and helping them model and teach literacy skills to their children
Building Community Capacity and Collaborates with community partners to supply or access services required by our learners.
- Individual Consultation to Develop a Career and Learning Plan
- Literacy or Academic Assessment
- Weekly Workshops to learn how to create a Resume and Cover Letter
- Referral to Academic and Learning Supports and Services
- Skill Building in Basic Math, Reading Comprehension and Writing
- Prep for High School Academic Upgrading Courses with Tutor Support
- GED Exam Preparation Course (Face to Face or Online)
- Trades Entrance Exam Preparation Course Online
- Basic Tech Courses
- English Language Learning
- Essential Skills Training
Annual Community Event
- Community Registration Night
Course, Workshop or Learning Activity Registration Fee Refund Policy
If you withdraw from a course, workshop or learning activity before the registration deadline, your registration fee is fully refunded.
If you withdraw from a course, workshop or learning activity after the registration deadline but before the course starts, we withhold $10 as an administration fee and will refund the rest of your registration fee.
If you withdraw from a course, workshop or learning activity after the course starts, you forfeit your registration fee.