Camrose and Area Adult Learning Council meets the learning and employability needs of adults in a welcoming and non-judgmental environment.
- Literacy or Academic Assessment
- Referral to Academic and Learning Supports and Services
- Skill Building in Basic Math, Reading Comprehension, and Writing
- Prep for High School Academic Upgrading Courses with Tutor Support
- GED Exam Preparation Course (Face to Face or Online)
- Basic Tech Courses
- English Language Learning in Reading, Writing, Speaking, or Listening
- IELTS Prep
- CELPIP Prep
- Family Literacy Programming
By providing individual or small group learning opportunities for adults and families within Camrose and Camrose County, Camrose and Area Adult Learning Council:
- Assists adult learners to define their learning goals and provides direction for continued learning.
- Supports newcomers in learning the English language and preparing to become contributing citizens.
- Teaches literacy and foundational learning skills such as; reading, writing, document use, numeracy/math, digital skills, and life skills.
- Builds the capacity of families through meeting the literacy needs of parents and helping them model and teach literacy skills to their children.
- Builds community capacity and collaborates with community partners to supply or access services required by our learners.
Annual Community Event: Community Registration Night (cancelled for 2021 due to COVID-19)